Make a Gift From Your Donor Advised Fund

Put your donor advised fund into action for a healthy planet and a safer world! Give to UCS through your donor advised fund today. Simply type in your fund provider name and the automated system will guide you through the process of making a grant recommendation.

Give now from your
Donor Advised Fund

If your donor advised fund is not listed here or if you would prefer not to make your contribution online, please direct your sponsoring organization to make a gift from your fund, with checks payable to the Union of Concerned Scientists, and mail to:

Union of Concerned Scientists
Two Brattle Square
Cambridge, MA 02138-3780

Federal Tax ID number: #04-2535767

Many donor advised fund grants arrive anonymously or without identifying information, so please be sure to instruct your fund administrator to include your full name and address with the check so that we can credit your gift. You may also notify our Member Services team at (800) 666-8276 or to share the details of your gift, including the amount and name of the institution sending the check (e.g., Fidelity Charitable, Schwab Charitable, etc.), so that we can track your gift and properly acknowledge your generosity.

If you have any questions about supporting UCS through your donor advised fund or other giving vehicle, please contact the Member Services team at the phone number or email above. Specific legal and tax questions, however, should be directed to a professional advisor.

Leave a gift to UCS through your donor advised fund.
Do you have a succession plan for your donor advised fund? The contract you completed when you created your donor advised fund governs the final distribution of the assets remaining in your fund after your lifetime. Consider naming UCS the beneficiary of your fund or designating UCS to receive a portion of the account value, leaving the remainder for your children or grandchildren to continue your legacy of philanthropy.

What is a donor advised fund?
A donor advised fund is a charitable giving account administered by a sponsoring organization (Fidelity Charitable, Schwab Charitable, and Vanguard Charitable are common examples). Generally speaking, donor advised funds allow you to make a charitable contribution to the sponsor, receive an immediate tax deduction, and then recommend grants from your fund over time to the nonprofits you want to support. Donor advised funds have grown in popularity because they can help donors manage their charitable giving and receive certain tax benefits, without the costs and administrative obligations of a private foundation.

Complimentary Planning Resources

Learn more about easy ways to leave a legacy with our free guides!

Need assistance? We're here to help!

The Planned Giving Team
The Planned Giving Team

The content found on this site is general in nature and intended to be used for informational purposes only. It should not be relied upon as legal, tax, accounting or other professional advice. To determine how a gift or estate planning decision might affect your particular circumstances, it is expressly recommended that you consult an attorney, financial advisor or other qualified professional.