Gifts that Make an Impact Now

You can make a difference today

Grant recommendation from your donor advised fund

You can now initiate a grant recommendation from your donor advised fund, or DAF, using the link below. Simply start typing in your fund provider name and the system will prompt you through the process.

IRA charitable rollover

You can transfer funds from your IRA directly to the Union of Concerned Scientists. This is an effective way to have an immediate impact and ensure our work of fighting against special interests with science. Here’s how it works:

  • You must be 70 ½ or older.
  • An individual may transfer up to a total of $100,000 per year and a married couple may give up to $200,000.
  • Your gift must be transferred directly from the IRA account to the Union of Concerned Scientists.
  • Your gift is a transfer of funds from your IRA to the Union of Concerned Scientists so it does not create taxable income for you and is not considered a charitable tax deduction.
  • If you are 72 and older, the transfer of funds counts towards your annual Required Minimum Distribution from your IRA.

If you’re interested in this popular way to support the Union of Concerned Scientists, download a sample letter for your IRA administrator here.

Memorial tribute gift

When you give a memorial or tribute gift for the Union of Concerned Scientists to honor someone special, you’re expressing your love, admiration, and gratitude in one of the most meaningful ways there is. Your gift will honor your loved one, create a lasting tribute, and fight for the health and safety of future generations. You can use our online form to make a memorial or tribute gift.

Gifts of securities

You can use stocks, bonds, and mutual funds that have appreciated in value to support our shared vision. You may receive a charitable income tax deduction for the full market value of the stock (up to a maximum of 30% of your adjusted gross income) and avoid paying the capital gains tax on any increase in the value of the stock. Learn more about gifts of stock here.

Donate now

A donation of cash is the most direct way to support the Union of Concerned Scientists. You benefit from a charitable tax credit while taking positive action to foster independent, science-based solutions that improve people’s lives. You can make your gift online with our Donate Now form or by sending a check or money order by mail to:

Union of Concerned Scientists
2 Battle Square
Cambridge, MA 02138-3780

If you’re sending a check or money order, please let us know if you would like your gift to be used for a specific purpose.


Complimentary Planning Resources

Learn more about easy ways to leave a legacy with our free guides!

Need assistance? We're here to help!

The Planned Giving Team
The Planned Giving Team

The content found on this site is general in nature and intended to be used for informational purposes only. It should not be relied upon as legal, tax, accounting or other professional advice. To determine how a gift or estate planning decision might affect your particular circumstances, it is expressly recommended that you consult an attorney, financial advisor or other qualified professional.