{ Kurt Gottfried Society }

Kurt Gottfried Society

To honor those caring donors who are providing for UCS through a planned giving arrangement, we created the Kurt Gottfried Society, named after our co-founder and longtime board member.

A highly accomplished physicist and the epitome of a concerned scientist, Kurt Gottfried has been a guiding voice in our pursuit of scientific integrity, a healthier planet, and a safer world. We are so grateful to Kurt for his service and his vision, from UCS’s inception to today.

The Kurt Gottfried Society is made up of a select group of members who, like Kurt, have a long-term vision for UCS and have informed us of their intention to make a legacy gift to the organization. The lasting contributions of these dedicated supporters are critical to safeguarding and strengthening UCS’s ability to develop long-term, far-reaching solutions for future generations.

As a member of the Kurt Gottfried  Society, you will receive:


Special Invitations

to participate in informative teleconferences and regional events with senior UCS staff members, scientists, and board members


Early notification

of upcoming report releases and offers of complimentary copies of all new reports



Semi-annual member newsletter

“Policy change is not only the result but also the cause of broad cultural changes in values. For me, UCS is one of the most effective instruments we have for accomplishing this kind of change.”

Patricia Judd
UCS Supporter
Kurt Gottfried Society Member

Share Your Legacy

Please let us know if you’ve already included a gift for UCS. Providing us with documentation is the best way to ensure that your gift is used in the way you intend.

Need assistance? We're here to help!

The Planned Giving Team
The Planned Giving Team

The content found on this site is general in nature and intended to be used for informational purposes only. It should not be relied upon as legal, tax, accounting or other professional advice. To determine how a gift or estate planning decision might affect your particular circumstances, it is expressly recommended that you consult an attorney, financial advisor or other qualified professional.