Gifts that Pay You Income

You can take action for science-based decision making while earning an income from your gift

Charitable gift annuities

Charitable Gift Annuities (CGAs) are a great way to support the Union of Concerned Scientists while generating income for yourself and your family.

You can make a substantial impact through the Union of Concerned Scientists while you are receiving tax-favorable income for you, your spouse, and/or other loved ones. Many supporters like charitable gift annuities because of their attractive payout rates and their significant impact.

Benefits to you include the following:

Payments are made on a quarterly basis.

A portion of the payout will be tax-free.

You receive an immediate tax receipt for a portion of your gift.

Your gift passes to the Union of Concerned Scientists outside of the estate process.

You create your legacy of fighting for evidence-based decision making.

“The CGA provides a reliable and stable source of income with excellent tax benefits and it meets my goal of making positive use of my resources while also meeting my financial needs.”

Melissa Melum
UCS supporter

Charitable remainder trusts

Income for life for you and your family while reducing your taxes and supporting the Union of Concerned Scientists.

By using assets or cash to fund the trust, you receive income and an income tax credit in the year in which you transfer your assets. The remaining portion of the trust, after all payments have been made, passes to the Union of Concerned Scientists.

Benefits to you include the following:

You receive income for life for you or your heirs.

You receive a charitable income tax credit for the charitable portion of the trust.

You create your legacy of safeguarding the health and safety of the planet and its people.

Complimentary Planning Resources

Learn more about easy ways to leave a legacy with our free guides!

Need assistance? We're here to help!

The Planned Giving Team
The Planned Giving Team

(617) 301-8095

The content found on this site is general in nature and intended to be used for informational purposes only. It should not be relied upon as legal, tax, accounting or other professional advice. To determine how a gift or estate planning decision might affect your particular circumstances, it is expressly recommended that you consult an attorney, financial advisor or other qualified professional.